HubSpot Video

Yes, a US citizen can petition for his/her parents to live in the USA as permanent residents.

The first step is to submit the I-130 form, one for your mother and another one for your father. Once the visa is accepted, if your parents haven’t been to the USA before, they must request an appointment in Ciudad Juárez to get their fingerprints, and medical exams, and finally, schedule the visa interview.


Michael Brooks-Jimenez

Written by Michael Brooks-Jimenez

Michael is President and managing attorney of Michael Brooks-Jimenez, P.C., firm specializing in immigration law, criminal defense, workers’ compensation, and personal injury. He is well known within the community and his commitment to the interests of the Hispanics is without question. Today, Michael Brooks-Jimenez has founded a prestigious legal services team with the objective to continue fighting for the rights of Hispanics and to help them more efficiently.