HubSpot Video

Yes, you may apply for the U Visa. To determine if you’re eligible, you must prove that you were the victim of the crime and that you were helpful in detecting or investigating the criminal activity.

Law enforcement may sign a certification at any time, including after detection of the criminal activity or while an investigation or prosecution is pending. To do so, I recommend you schedule an immigration lawyer consultation.

Michael Brooks-Jimenez

Written by Michael Brooks-Jimenez

Michael is President and managing attorney of Michael Brooks-Jimenez, P.C., firm specializing in immigration law, criminal defense, workers’ compensation, and personal injury. He is well known within the community and his commitment to the interests of the Hispanics is without question. Today, Michael Brooks-Jimenez has founded a prestigious legal services team with the objective to continue fighting for the rights of Hispanics and to help them more efficiently.