Did you know you can apply for a spousal permanent resident even if you’re divorcing (or have already divorced) a citizen or legal resident? There is a 2-year window during which you can still apply for residence, a social security number and a driver’s license.

If your spouse or ex-spouse is a permanent resident, hurry up, because the rules on those change every week.

HubSpot Video

New call-to-action

Para leer esta nota en Español, haga clic aquí.

Michael Brooks-Jimenez

Written by Michael Brooks-Jimenez

Michael is President and managing attorney of Michael Brooks-Jimenez, P.C., firm specializing in immigration law, criminal defense, workers’ compensation, and personal injury. He is well known within the community and his commitment to the interests of the Hispanics is without question. Today, Michael Brooks-Jimenez has founded a prestigious legal services team with the objective to continue fighting for the rights of Hispanics and to help them more efficiently.